Tuesday, February 3, 2009

It has been a long time since I updated my blog and for that I apologize.  I did have a nice holiday season.  The city was somewhat decorated, we bought a little Christmas tree and put it up in our common room, and we had several Christmas party events during the season including on Christmas day.  We on our hall also exchanged gifts among ourselves.  I think that the highlight of the Christmas season for me was the Christmas play at the Christmas Eve service at my church.  The story of the nativity was changed into a an anxt-ridden love drama between Mary and Joseph, true to the Korean obsession with romance.  :)  The youth group put it on and it was quite humorous.

I had to go back to school the day after Christmas, when all of a sudden it felt as if Christmas never really happened this year.  But I only had to teach for a couple of days and on December 30, I boarded a plane bound for Australia, where I spent the first two weeks of January exploring Sydney and Canberra with my Australian friend Emma.  I even got to be down at the Sydney Opera House/Harbour Bridge at midnight with a million other people for the most fantastic fireworks display in the world!  I took lots of pictures while in Australia, so you can check them out in my newly updated  links section on the right.

The rest of January I spent back in Korea on winter break.  I have been enjoying my time off hanging out with my friends, and the past two weeks we have taken a TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) course provided to us by Korean Nazarene University.  It was quite comprehensive and I am thankful because when I finish the last two weeks of the course next summer I will be given a TESOL certificate, which is recognized throughout the world.

Next week I will go back to school for one week to finish up the school year, then after two more weeks off I will begin teaching full-time again at the beginning of March, with a new group of kids, as this is when the students advance a grade.

Alright well that pretty much catches this blog up; be sure to look at my pictures--I have 15 new albums!  The new ones begin with the Muju album.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, bet you don't know who this is? this is zack from your hometown country (springfield. i worked at Alps, which is now called country fresh. lol. anyways, i met your mom for the first time. she seems like a really sweet lady. of course, unlike health issues we both have, she seems like she stays busy. I hope you are enjoy your new life for awhile. i hope everything goes well. i will shout out more often. for now i better get busy. later!