Saturday, November 1, 2008

Seoul

Today I experienced Seoul.  Another American teacher (Shannon) and I took a one-hour train ride there, which we stood for 30 min of due to limited seating.  When we arrived we went underground almost immediately to the subway, which was packed.  After changing trains a few times, we got to a famous shopping district where we made our way up the crowded street to a 3-story Forever 21, where I spent...a lot of money...getting clothes for work.

After we finished there and changed subway trains a few more times, we had dinner at (I was so excited and happy) ON THE BORDER!  :D  Mexican Food complete with GOOD chips and salsa tasted SO good after Korean food lol.  No offense to Koreans.  Their food is so much healthier.  On the Border's food probably had 10 times the calories lol.  Then we browsed in some shops near the restaurant, including a clothing resale store of all things that mostly had sweaters for about five dollars apiece, then, when my feet were throbbing they hurt so bad, we made the long journey home.

I am SO glad I teach in Cheonan and not Seoul.  It was an interesting place to visit, and about as expensive and long of a trip as to go shopping in Branson for the day, but I would NOT want to have to deal with crowds and subways every day.

No comments: